Purchasing as integral part of our group's value added
As integral part of our group’s value added, our supply chain demands go much further than just the on-schedule procurement and provision of materials required for our operations. In selection of suppliers and supplier partners we take into account additional factors, that enable us to meet the demands of our market-oriented business strategy.
We define these factors through the following tasks and goals:
- optimal pricing, representing “Best Value” for both our group and therefore our clients
- tangible quality excellence, both in meeting agreed requirements and in all business interactions
- strong service orientation, i.e. flexibility to adapt to diverse technical and project requirements
- lean supply mentality, achieved by minimizing errors, delivery volumes and lead times
- able to support our organisation through planning and delivery processes spanning multiple departments
To ensure the achievement of these goals, we depend on reliable suppliers, that share our emphasis on their importance.
The purchasing department assesses and classifies its suppliers using the uniform supplier management system used everywhere in the thyssenkrupp corporation.
- preferred suppliers
- accepted suppliers
- restricted suppliers
- unacceptable suppliers
The supplier management includes the complete process from the supplier selection and assessment down to the supplier development. The responsibility is borne by cross-functional teams composed of the quality-, logistics-, and technology departments. This is used to ensure the control of the entire supplier portfolio.
Our aim is the deployment of high-performance suppliers, both in the corporation and worldwide.